http://bunnyherolabs.com/adopt/showpet.php?b=bWM9ZmlzaC5zd2YmY2xyPTB4ZmZjMDA0JmNuPWJ1YmJsZXMmYW49Y2hlZXNpZQ==

:: my little box :: http://tinypic.com/ncgoy http://tinypic.com/x82kh
<
__Chatty Teddy__

my pet!

__Links__

my old blog derrick carine ah ma sharon wanrong qichang jack jiabin anin hope ivan jason george diana yunxin raymond andre links

Friday, August 24

I've been using Derrick's Toshiba Tecra for the last month or so and now I've gotten a laptop of my own! Its an Acer TravelMate 6292... I hope it serves me well!

I got it from IT Co-Op on Monday, and i refused to connect to the net before buying an anti-virus software, so i bought one yesterday and installed it in school... And i managed to check my email in NUS...

So i tried connecting to the net at home yesterday night but i couldn't! It was supposed to be easy! (I tried with my PDA after i set up wireless at home and it worked so i expected it to be the same) I entered the wireless password but somehow i had a limited connection. Tried all sorts of things but still it didn't work... Tried for almost 3 hours and I even called Ah Ma's brother cos he bought the same laptop too but he didn't experience such problems...

Sigh... And worst still I've gotten a URTI so i was sniffing and my nose was running and i was exercising by climbing up and downstairs to check out my desktop... Initially i thought i was my antivirus-firewall which was too "powerful" so it prevented me from accessing the net... So i uninstalled still cannot... Sigh...

Called up Singnet this morning... The poor guy who happened to pick up v suay... Started at 930am and ended close to 11! but i realised Singnet has this very cool thing whereby they can "take over" ur com via the internet...

I plugged my laptop into the net via the cable and so he could see what was going on and had full access to my com! Interesting right? Sorry I'm so sua ku...haha

Anyway he managed to fix the problem and i'm currently using wireless! It was something technical, some problem with the numbers and the IP address... Think the numbers were wrong...

Thankfully he managed to fix it cos if i can access the net in NUS it shouldn't be the laptop that has a problem. And since i can use my PDA to connect to wireless at home it shouldn't be the wireless that has a problem but rather the internet configuration... so all my hopes were on singnet... Phew... Sigh of relief... At one point he suggested i contact the vendor (acer) for help... Wah, i don't even have their number... we're supposed to go back to IT-Co-Op for support... But of course i hope that i'll never need support! Jia you laptop!

I hope my laptop's alright! :( Been through so much in its 1st few days of life... Jia you laptop! You can do it! Prove your worth ok? And serve me well...

Ok, that's all for now... Wasted almost 12 hours meddling with the internet! ARGH... Recess is almost half over! :(


*Me to You*
Tatter teddy posted at 11:22 am



pOuBe||e
An upgraded version of my old tripod blog...
hopefully this time you'll see me posting more often! :)




__Beary Wishlist__

+ Have a merry christmas
+ Make more friends
+ Love my family
+ Buy chocolate hearts fer friends
+ Wash bowtie
+ I love eu!

__Previous Posts__