http://bunnyherolabs.com/adopt/showpet.php?b=bWM9ZmlzaC5zd2YmY2xyPTB4ZmZjMDA0JmNuPWJ1YmJsZXMmYW49Y2hlZXNpZQ==

:: my little box :: http://tinypic.com/ncgoy http://tinypic.com/x82kh
<
__Chatty Teddy__

my pet!

__Links__

my old blog derrick carine ah ma sharon wanrong qichang jack jiabin anin hope ivan jason george diana yunxin raymond andre links

Sunday, August 26

I chanced upon a picture of a painting by Vincent Van Gogh today, called:

A wheatfield, with Cypresses... It was painted in 1889 while he was staying in a St Remy mental asylum... It looks like this:

I like this painting alot. I'm not exactly an arty farty person but I just like this painting... :) While we were in Europe we went to alot of art galleries, including the National Art gallery in Edinburgh, the Lourve and Musee d'Orsay in Paris. I enjoyed Musee d'Orsay the most, especially the paintings by the post-impressionists like Van Gogh. At the time, I preferred Claude Monet's paintings cos they all have this dreamy quality about them... Very hazy looking, like somehow its all out of focus...

But after seeing this painting I'm a Van Gogh convert! I like Monet but this is my favourite painting so far... I like the way everything swirls into place... Ok i'm not exactly describing it very well but haha this is my blog... haha... I've come to the conclusion that I like pictures showing things rather than humans... I don't really like those paintings with Greek mythology creatures or lotsa people... I like scenery i guess...

Another reason why I like Van Gogh is because we managed to pass by Arles while in Provence and visited the areas he painted! So cool... They set up boards around the places he depicted in his paintings. There was one painting featuring olive trees that looked just the same...

This picture is on my desktop now! :)

I was searching the net for a picture of the painting, and i realised that the actual painting is being kept at the National Art Gallery at Trafalgar Square, London! ARGH!!! I travelled halfway around the world and even stopped in front of Trafalgar square and I didn't go in to take a look! ARGH... worse still, Admission is Free! :(

I hope i get a chance to see the painting in person...


*Me to You*
Tatter teddy posted at 10:27 pm



pOuBe||e
An upgraded version of my old tripod blog...
hopefully this time you'll see me posting more often! :)




__Beary Wishlist__

+ Have a merry christmas
+ Make more friends
+ Love my family
+ Buy chocolate hearts fer friends
+ Wash bowtie
+ I love eu!

__Previous Posts__